Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monday, Monday

Not quite early enough to see the sunrise. Mañana! The cool morning breeze is refreshing.
Make coffee and eat a granola bar. After I wake Dan up I'll make the spinach pineapple and papaya smoothie. It was Yummy, can't believe a blender can mascerate so well!
We get some beach time before heading into Lahaina Town. Dan wants to buy a sleeveless Tee. After he tries a few on, he's changed his mind. It was a nice walk anyway. Lunch is at Mala Tavern. When I see the prices, I choose the green salad with walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. I do love local greens. If I get a few bites of his Mahi Sandwich I will be content. It is big and fresh and juicy,
Back at the Lokilani, which is the state flower, Hawaiian Rose, we settle onto the beach to read again until it's time to dress for happy hour at the Sea House on Napili Bay. I choose the salad wraps and a sweet potato quesadilla with guacamole.
The sweet potootie is a purple Maui potato grated and succulent in a toasted spinach tortilla. There is a chipotle cream on the side.
A glass of white Bordeaux completes this feast.
I am wondering if we will cook while we are here:/
Mikey is off island for five weeks, we learn from Billy the manager.So this trip will be. Quiter version of last year's.
In the evening, it's all I can do to stay up until eight. We try to plan one day at a time.
Mahalo

Yertle and Myrtle
Sun gold disc float lazily
Heads up, wink at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment