Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wednesday's Child

Ah, sixty too years
I have a birthday card, a spinach smoothie and a lavender blue ( dilly dilly) sunrise!
Dan and i swim with our turtle and lay lazily on the beach. We find a baby lobster skin that looks like an emerald green and mud, seahorse nightclub singer's dress!
We drive to Hali' Maile  for lunch at the General Store. Bev and Joe Gannon are sitting one seat away!


Wendy is our bartender. She offers three wines, a sauvignon blanc, a chardonnay and a chilled pinot noir. My heart is already set on the Lucy!
Lucy is light, well balanced and the nose is definitely Pinot! I have never had a cold mouthful, which i find refreshing along side the sashimi pizza! Our second course is the Opah Ceasar. Wendy brings samples of a Cilantro jalapeno Margarita which would be delicious with our third 'bite': the blackened Salmon Taco. My hooch drinking days are winding down! It!s taken me four days to get through the white at our Honokowai condo (:
We decline dessert and Wendy sends Dano a note, "Don't Leave!" she has ordered two scoop vanilla with a cocoa shortbread Star! She and Dan embrace me with a sweet, Happy Birthday refrain :)
My calves are still stiff from climbing 'Iao Needle yesterday!
Dan and I have reservations at the Kula Lavender Farm upcountry at 2:30. Our guide Tera looks like Anna. ( the doctor Who delivered her said, " must a been a Laplander in the woodpile!) Anna does look Norwegian- Asian alright.



We enjoy smelling Spanish, French and English lavenders, rosemary and three geraniums: lemon lime, chocolate mint and rose. By the end of our tour we have an herbal bouquet:)and oh! the Owl Protea.! The lavender shortbread sample was out of this world!
We wind our way 'down' through Makawao and Paia, where Dan wants to buy me a swimsuit at Hula Girl:-/ i am too full to stop at Mama's Fish House for a birthday Martini!
Home just in time for a sunset. All day been responding to Facebook Birthday greetings; friends from 18 states and 3 countries represented!
I call Joe in Cottonwood, California because I haven't heard from him. He is happy for the reminder, like me, he often doesn't know what day it is. Ha!
It was an amazing day in Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment