Saturday, October 29, 2011

Last Day Saturday


Dan thought we should have put a wallop in this our the final day. I thought, sit on the lanai and just relax, and time will go more slowly. We were both right.
In the morning we took the 3 mile trek from Napili Bay to Kapalua. It was hot and we followed the crests of the ocean; sometimes boardwalk, or rocky and volcanic and even highway. We got our exercise and honed ur appetites. Leftovers again today. We have an intention to share a blackened Mahi fish sandwich, a ceasar and a birthday pineapple martini! All goes as planned.


However I left out the middle of the story. A friend of mine in Astoria has a son living in Lahaina. Her husband is a dentist and she and I have practiced yoga together, though we don't know one another well, I feel a certain affinity for her. She gave me her son's phone number this morning and just said he is going through a rough spell, homeless and just broke up with his girlfriend. As a favor, I called him and suggested we could meet this afternoon. He sounded nice. I was reminded of my son, who has been befriended by strangers and felt compelled to 'be there' for him. We connected and I prayed that God would put the right words in my mouth to be a comfort to him, maybe even wisdom, maybe just hug him like a mom. . . .
Dan dropped me off at Cheeseburger in Paradise when I spotted his cute smile. Then after Dan parks our Elantra, he scores: cocktail napkins!
We say our good byes and take a drive to Kihei, just remembering our first trip to Maui. Finally lunch at Mala, sitting on the lanai, overlooking the Lahaina Harbor" .
Very content, we return home and change into our suits one last time for the the final twilight turtle swim. We are not disappointed, a little goofy, but not disappointed when a little black head pops up ten feet away.



Dan has a turtle impersonation. "did somebody say lilikoi cheesecake?" and then Dano notices a bright rainbow over the condominiums. Orange, yellow, green blue indigo and pink! Spectacular! Such a sweet aloha. We crawl out of the salty sea and find a spot to watch the sunset one final time. A fine mist is falling and we still get a beautiful photo to remember our last evening.
Then we pack and pour a final drink. That's all Folks!
Well, we do get to choose a breakfast destination. . . until next year:) Sweet Alohas

No comments:

Post a Comment