Saturday, October 29, 2011

Easy Does It


The morning meditation was sweet. "Each breath within me, wrapped in blue darkness, awaits the dawn." waking up at 5:00 gives me a few hours before I wake Dano up. Now that I'm 62, I tell him I am from the Senior Center, they provide this wake up service for guests on Maui. He claims I may be from the dementia center. . . .ha!
We head to our beach to read and his morning swim. My book, The Help, is just too good to put down. We need to run to the store for a few things. Mac salad, coffee and ice cube trays. The Surf shack's are cracked. Since Lindsay is absorbing the cost of the screen door repair, it's the least we can do.
The world series game seven starts at 2:00. We settle on the lanai to watch the game. Two red cardinals strut by on the lAwn, and the Cards take the series! An omen?
We have time to take a swim before we head to the Benefit at Maui Brewing Company. The water is warm and I tie on the new bikini, real well. Turns out I am more concerned about loosing my wedding ring than my bikini! Dan says, "Look!" and we are swimming with two turtles.
I shower and prepare for the night out. Dan is doing laundry this week. I go into a slight panic because I never go out after dark, to a new place, intentionally. I share with Dan everything I am afraid of. Being in a dark place, walking into things, feeling crowed, spilling food and drink, not seeing to read the menu, or not being able to see who's talking to me or where they are. He says he understands. As it turns out the cause is more important than my excuses to stay home. Proceeds from tonight's sales support Maui Assistance Dogs for Independent Living.
When we arrive there, these two posters are set at the door.one showa a woman in a wheelchair, holding a white cane, service dog at her side. The caption read, "Courage: It's not the absence of fear, it's about overcoming it." Nelson Mandela

has that right


Then two assistance pups stride by on leash with their trainers. I get a few quick photos. One is named Yogi. He is a white golden lab, they other a yellow five month old male. They will become assistance animals,according to their unique personalities and gifts. Males are more eager to work than females and mature quickly. They evening goes very well and Dan is very attentive. We order burgers and four beers, Par Four, Bikini Blonde, Pineapple Wheat and a Pumpkin Spice. we can't eat or drink all we are served. Our refrigerator is looking bare though as tomorrow is our last day.
Today was a little laid back and once home, we are eager to plan Saturday. A hike sounds like a good start! I am still hoping for a Pineapple Martini.
We have had a super relaxing week, a lot of swimming and a fair amount of sun.
Mahalo for such a beautiful island And good husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment